Jul 12, 2012

An Open Letter To Baitul Hijrah


Assalamualaikum Ustaz Nawawi, family and the whole residents of BH,
I pray that all of you are in the best of health and emaan InsyaAllah.

First of all, I want to clarify that this letter is not a mean to reply to the article wrote by Ustaz Nawawi in your personal blog. This is just a letter to sincerely express our feelings and the experience we get on the project we did in BH.

I would like to express how thankful I am to Allah Taala for having the opportunity to do this project with the sisters in BH. I also extend my sincere gratitude to the residents of BH for accepting our proposal although it was a very last minute deals. We were very please and happy for each precious moment we spent with them. I, on behalf of my team, feel vey welcome and appreciated for your warm hospitality thought it was a bit late when we arrived. Honestly, I kinda admire the home when I first got there but somehow it also keeps me wonder.

Baitul Hijrah didn't look like any other charity home. It's big, beautiful and provide a very comfortable environment for the residents. Consist of 30 sisters between the age of 13 to 15 years old who has been taught to be a great muslimah from their early age. Beside them, there are also 2 friendly wardens and a very wonderful Ummi as their guardian. Having the chance to spent a night with them the other day make me impressed with their daily routine. The sisters were trained to sleep at 11pm and wake up at 4.30 am in the morning everyday to do qiyammulai and read salawat until subuh adhan. Then after subuh prayer they will continue to recite 10 verses of Al-Quran and tafseer and the same ritual is repeated before and after each prayer time. They don't go to school but instead they learn tajweed, bahasa, mathematics and arabic through home-school. They even learn how to cook and sew. Basically Baitul Hijrah is a place for them to learn how to be a great and independent muslimah. Even I feel ashamed of myself for not being able to be like them during my teenage years *sigh*.

Alhamdulilah we were truly happy to learn that the residents of BH are taken care of by an Islamic and excellent guardian. They inspire me and I take this experience as one of my precious moment to improve myself to be a better muslimah, InsyaAllah.          
     
Dear Ustaz, family and the whole residents of BH,

Do you aware of how beautiful Allah's plan is? Even though there's lots of surprising things happened throughout the journey, Alhamdulilah we still feel grateful because we know all of this happen for a good reason. Yes, we didn't come to this place with a proper plan. As I've mentioned above, it was a very last minute plan. Our project was actually to help the RAK in Bukit Beruntung but Allah didn't let that project happen because of various reasons, Wallahua'lam. But Ustaz, we didn't cancel that event because of the reason that you said in your blog post but rather our main concern of canceling that project was actually to protect our team members and the public who are very keen to be part of the project from any other unexpected issue. We take into consideration of what we were advised by the authority and we did what is best for our team and for that Allah has lead us to your home in Nilai.  

If you think about it, there are actually no difference between RAK,BH or any other charity homes that were include in this project because each homes will get whatever they deserve to get, with Allah's will. All kind of donations that we received will go towards helping the unfortunate Muslims home, InsyaAllah regardless of what their Islamic grounds. I hope it's not too late to explain that my team was very much aware that we didn't stand on the same track with Ustaz but we are not against what your belief is because as a Muslim, it is our responsibility to help another Muslim and like what the Prophet Muhammad SAW has taught us to not to be judgemental on anyone. Although there's a feeling of disappointed in our heart, we always keep in our mind that all we did was only for the sake of Allah alone and Subhanallah in fact, we feel so grateful for this opportunity for He has open our eyes and our heart to understand who you really are. I myself sincerely fell in love with the sisters I met in BH and Insya Allah the ukhuwah we build will never ends here because we still feel the needs of helping BH someday in the future. Everyone have their own reason for volunteering but as for my team, we believe our reason is none other than to sincerely seeking Allah's pleasure. We put all the efforts to make the project a successful one, and Alhamdulilah with the help of Allah we achieve our mission to serve the community through this project.

Lastly, with open heart we apologize for any shortcoming from our side. I pray may Allah accept from you and from us all the good deeds and may Allah open our heart and continue to guide us to the right path; the path of the righteousness, Insya Allah. Aminn ya rabb.

Yours sincerely,

Nurul Syazana
Members of the project organized by Alumni SKTS'96

Thanks to BH for the drawing! We love it!

* To the rest of my team, it was really great to have this opportunity to meet everyone who directly or indirectly involve in this project. Thanks to Mr. Project Manager for inviting me to be part of this super cool team. I love you guys for the sake of Allah and I am so looking forward to join any other event after this Insya Allah. All praises goes to Allah for He has made this happen and for all the contribution of money, time, ideas and energy, I pray may Allah grant each of the team members involved with His blessing, strengths and rezki to continue doing this kind of project in the future Insya Allah. Aminn ya rabb.

No comments: