Apr 26, 2012

Arrogance is.

The status I shared on my facebook wall by Yasmin Mogahed;

'Some may advise not changing too much, too fast. I don’t think fast change is the problem. I think arrogance is. I think hopelessness is.' 

It makes me stop and think for a while. Back then, whenever I saw a lady wearing loose dresses, long and big hijab that cover her chest with their hand and feet is covered by thick socks, I am impressed but all I have in mind at that time was, "Belum sampai seru lagi and I'm happy right now. So I don't need any change".

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاء الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى أَن يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا
"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be molested. "(Al-Ahzab: 59)
I was reminded again and again about the above verse but I ignore it. I was a hypocrite, as much as I tried denying it, I could not. I remember what Waheeda said during Celebrity Talk on Being a Better Muslim in UIA the other night. She said that we usually keep making excuses and refuse to practice the way a muslim is supposed to be even when the guidance is clearly in front of us. Like, if we understand the meaning of Ummul kitab Al-Fatihah that we read in our solah everyday, we'll realize that each time we read the surah, we are actually asking Allah to guide us to the right path, Subhanallah. Yes, indeed Allah is always there to guide us but why haven't we follow His commands? Because we are just to blind to see it. We are just too arrogant to understand it. 
Waheeda adds, if we still making the same excuses that we haven't get the guidance (hidayah) to change to become a better Muslim, when we die, who are we going to blame? Allah? Because He didn't show us the right path? No, guidance is not something that we can easily get because we ask for it. Guidance, the hidayah, the light to the right path is in front of us, but we have to find and understand it. Read Al-Quran and understand the meaning, Allah is actually talking to us, He is answering everything that we need to know in that Holy Kitab! Be thankful for our happiness and our hardship because there's always a wisdom behind it! See, Allah is always guiding us and He will never leave us alone.
Come on guys, be humble and submit patiently to the Creator. Don't be arrogant because we think we know everything. If we feel that we're not ready to change now, who promise us tomorrow? Changing is never a problem. Let's do it for the sake of Allah and Allah will make it easy for you, InsyaAllah.

No comments: